Pedestrian Safety Measure Installation
Beginning on/about Friday, February 28, 2014, and lasting for approximately three (3) weeks, restrictions to curbside parking and driveway access will be in effect on Ocean Avenue and Avenue P. These effects are associated with installation of various pedestrian safety measures (neckdowns, catch basins, etc.) being performed by the NYC Department of Design and Construction (Project # HWPEDSF3-R.)
For additional information, click link to see the DDC Project Flyer
- Parking restrictions will be in effect. “NO PARKING” signs will be posted in affected areas.
- Access to driveways will be restricted when work is performed in front of a business/residence.
- Certain operations will be noisy; the DDC will monitor operations to assure that is within the DEP Noise Code regulations.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times.
- Water, gas, electric, telephone and cable services may be disrupted at times.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to learn more about the project, please call Mr. Ashok/Resident Engineer at 718-934-1711, or visit the NYCDDC web site at www.nyc.gov/ddc. During non-construction hours please contact New York City Government Services and Information Hotline at 311.