|Posted on: www.cb14brooklyn.com|
Note to Residents: DSNY encourages residents to place additional refuse out for pick up as early as possible. All refuse must be placed out no later than 11 AM on Friday, April 7, 2017. Brooklyn Community Board 14 is pleased to announce that Department of Sanitation Commissioner Kathryn Garcia has approved additional Sanitation collection services in portions of the Flatbush, Midwood and Kensington areas to assist our residents in preparation for Passover observances, which commence at sundown on Monday, April 10, 2017. The plan provides for additional collection. Click here or on map image to see full-size collection map.
- For areas with regular pick up on Tuesday/Friday or Wednesday/Saturday, the plan provides for an additional collection on Monday, April 10th.
- For areas with regular pick up on Monday/Thursday, the plan provides for an additional collection on Friday, April 7th.
- The additional Monday recycling collection will take place from 12:00 midnight to 8:00 AM. Therefore all recycling materials must be placed at curbside on the evening of Sunday, April 9th for collection beginning at midnight Monday, April 10th.
- All regular refuse materials, including Chometz, must be placed at curbside no later than 11:00 AM on Monday, April 10th.
- Please use plastic bags for these special collections.
Department of Sanitation policy requires a special appointment for removal of discarded refrigerators and air conditioners. Arrangements can be made by calling 311 or by visiting their web site, www.nyc.gov/sanitation prior to the week of April 7th to ensure pick-up before the holiday. It is important to prepare early and utilize the regular sanitation services the week before for bulk items in order to avoid an excessive volume of refuse that could impede planned schedules.
- All mattresses placed out for collection must be sealed in plastic. Failure to do so will result in a summons.
Special thanks to the Department of Sanitation Brooklyn South Borough Superintendent Andrew Pugliese, Deputy Chief Michael Carolan, District Superintendent Joseph Sciulara, as well as our local elected officials for their assistance in developing the plan.
If you have any questions regarding the Passover supplementary schedules, please call the Community Board 14 District Office at 718-859-6357 during the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.