Caton Park, with approximately 50 freestanding homes, sits just south of the Prospect Park Parade Grounds and just north of Prospect Park South. It was developed by a number of people between 1902 and 1909. John Sawkins, one of the Ditmas Park West builders, built the houses on East 16th Street and the houses on the northern end (up to No. 25) on Marlborough Road. Edward Strong oversaw construction on houses on both sides of Rugby Road. William A. A. Brown built the houses on the south end of Marlborough Road.