Please feel free to contact the District Office anytime during normal business hours if you have any questions, problems, complaints or requests concerning City government programs and services. You may also contact our office to be added to our mailing list.
Brooklyn Community Board 14
810 East 16th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11230
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
District Office Staff:
Shawn Campbell, District Manager
Anya Hoyer, Community Associate
Irina Lerman, Community Associate
CB14 is strongly committed to helping to improve the quality of life of our district’s residents. If you are experiencing adverse impacts to your quality of life or have any complaints please contact:
- 311 online to report all issues and make a record of your 311 reference number for each complaint. For emergencies always dial 911.
- NY State Liquor Authority (SLA) to report violations by establishments that serve liquor.
- NYC Department of Transportation Brooklyn Commissioner’s office for construction- or Transportation-related complaints.
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority about concerns with bridges and tunnels as well as subway, bus, or commuter rail services.
- NYC Police Department regarding traffic enforcement agents, towed vehicles, and all public safety and other matters handled by the NYPD. CB14 is served by the 70th Precinct which can be reached at 718-851-5557 and has Community Affairs Officers designated to work with community residents.
- NYC Department of Finance for assistance with parking tickets and camera violations.
- NYC Department of Buildings for information regarding the status of building construction projects, building safety and enforcement of building codes.
- NYC Department of Consumer Affairs for a problem with a business or any other consumer complaints including for vendors, tour busses, sidewalk cafes.
- NYC Landmarks Preservation Commission for information regarding landmarks designations, alterations to landmark buildings and to report violations.
After you have contacted the above-mentioned agencies, please contact CB14 by phone or email email your 311 reference number with your complaint by phone or email (718-859-6357 / email@example.com.) Please have a service request number, details of your complaint and information about any additional steps you may have taken so that we can assist you. The following are some additional steps that often prove very helpful:
- Try to take photos, video or sound recordings for each complaint—be sure to use date/time references and email these to CB14.
- Engage your neighbors and urge them to follow this reporting protocol. (Complaints from multiple people are far more effective than those from individuals.)
- Attend Police Precinct Council meetings. 70th Precinct Community Council meetings are generally held on the last Wednesday of every month across the street from the 70th Precinct at the UCP Center located at 175 Lawrence Avenue, Brooklyn at 7:30 PM.
- Attend CB14 monthly and committee meetings. See the calendar for information. Please watch our agendas for items about matters of concern. All of our meetings are open to the public.
Sign up for CB14’s monthly calendar and receive notifications about meetings and other events. To sign up, please call 718-859-6357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, mailing address, phone and email address.