|Posted on: November 23, 2016|
For the December 2016 meetings calendar and agenda, please click on the links below.
For November meetings & agendas, please click here.
|Posted on: November 21, 2016|
The Department of Sanitation will collect fall leaves for composting on Sunday, November 27th. Click here to see DSNY’s Leaf Collection flyer with locations to buy & get free leaf bags! Leaves should be set out in paper leaf bags or unlined containers beginning at 4 PM on the Saturday before collection. Please continue reading this post & follow the DSNY guidelines below to ensure your leaves are collected. Read the rest of this entry »
|Posted on: November 18, 2016|
There are many opportunities to give back to your community this season. Click below for a list of local food drives, toy drives, warm coat drives & volunteer opportunities. Let’s make everyone’s holidays brighter! Read the rest of this entry »
|Posted on: October 27, 2016|
Are you a student seeking an internship? Do you know a high school student looking for a paid opportunity? Fall is the time to sign up for seasonal and yearlong internships! Tons of amazing opportunities are available in NYC for young people. Check out our Youth Internship webpage for latest opportunities!
Topics: Latest News
|Posted on: October 3, 2016|
The City of New York is reducing penalties and interest for many violations issued by the Department of Sanitation, Department of Buildings, and other city agencies (not including Parking and Real Property violations.) Take advantage of the amnesty program before it expires on December 12, 2016. Stay informed. Violations must be in judgment. This means the City of New York has taken the legal step of filing a public record of your liability in court for the entire amount due, plus additional interest. Criminal violations and violations over $25,000 are excluded. Other limitations, exclusions and eligibility requirements apply. Click here for more information.
|Posted on: September 10, 2016|
Click the links below to view flyers for FREE upcoming events and other community information.
- Borough President’s Annual Interfaith Breakfast – Dec. 6, Borough Hall
- How to Start a Non-Profit Organization – Dec. 7, 1894 Flatbush Ave.
- Free Legal Services – Dec. 7, 4517 Ave. D
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Dec. 7, 7408 5th Avenue
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Dec. 7, 3604 Quentin Road
- Citi Bike Community Planning Workshop – Dec. 7, 260 Eastern Pkwy.
- AARP Workshop: Back to Work 50+ – Dec. 7, 25 Broadway, NYC
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 Workshop – Dec. 8, 77 Water St., NYC
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Dec. 8, 60 East 94 St.
- AARP Senior Finance Workshop – Dec. 9, 25 Broadway, NYC
- Affordable Housing for Artists Workshop – Dec. 13, Borough Hall
- Disability, Access & Functional Needs Forum – Dec. 14, 26 Federal Plaza
- AARP Workshop: Finances 50+ – Dec. 15, 25 Broadway, NYC
- One Brooklyn New Year’s Eve – Dec. 31, Grand Army Plaza & Coney Island
- Neighborhood Grant Application Deadline – Jan. 23, NYC
- DOB Homeowner & Tenant Info Night - Every Tues, 4-7 PM, Borough Hall
- FREE LEGAL AID - Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs, Borough Hall
*Click Here to see schedules for types of legal assistance provided including Veterans’ Issues, Housing Matters, Foreclosure Prevention, Domestic Violence & Family Law.
- SCORE NYC Small Business Mentoring- Mon-Thurs, Borough Hall
- Free SNAP Benefit Assistance – Every Tues/Wed @ 123 Linden Blvd.
- Job Postings: Are you looking for a job in the neighborhood or in NYC? New jobs are posted on CB14′s Jobs webpage weekly!
- Workforce 1 Job Recruitment Events – Hiring for Jobs Every Day!
- Job Training Programs: CB14 lists hundreds of career training programs on our website from Medical to Construction, Tech to Green Industry jobs – and more!
- Brooklyn Public Library events – Ongoing, various locations
- NEW Youth Scholarship & Internship postings!