|Posted on: February 24, 2017|
For the March 2017 meetings calendar and agenda, please click on the links below.
For February 2017 meetings & agendas, please click here.
|Posted on: February 17, 2017|
|Posted on: February 7, 2017|
Applications are open for the 2017 Summer Youth Employment Program! The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with paid summer employment for up to six weeks in July and August. Participants work in a entry-level jobs in a variety of exciting industries. Youth can apply for the program online, at a community-based organization during the application period or at CB14′s 10th Annual Youth Conference on March 15th at the Flatbush YMCA. Participants are selected by lottery for the program. For more information, call 311 or DYCD Youth Connect at 1-800-246-4646. The application deadline is 3/17/2017.
Are you a young person looking for a Summer Internship? Check out the recent postings on our Youth Internships page. Deadlines are approaching for some great internships in government offices, industries and programs. Click here for more details.
|Posted on: January 1, 2017|
The filing deadline to submit your taxes is Tuesday, April 18th, 2017. Many local resources are available in Brooklyn to help you successfully prepare and submit your taxes at no cost to you. Continue reading to find out about local services offering free tax preparation assistance. Additional Information is available at nyc.gov/taxprep or by calling 311. Read the rest of this entry »
|Posted on: December 23, 2016|
Do you need assistance paying your heating bill this winter? Heartshare Neighborhood Heating Fund (NHF) is offering $200 grants to all qualified households. Eligibility is based on household size and gross monthly income. Families can qualify whether they have unpaid bills, zero balance, or even a credit on your bill. As long as you are income eligible, you qualify for the grant. To see if you are eligible, what documentation to bring and for more information, contact a local enrollment site. Click here for locations to apply for a HeartShare heating assistance grant.
|Posted on: December 15, 2016|
Brooklyn Borough President Eric L. Adams and the Department of Parks and Recreation are pleased to announce the Brooklyn Beautification Fund, created to assist Brooklyn’s local groups in beautifying their communities. If your group is interested in applying for a tree guard grant for your block please complete the online application. Please note: As mandated by the Office of Management and Budget, this program applies only for young street trees, which are defined as newly planted trees and/or trees 24 months or younger. Please click here to visit the Brooklyn Borough President’s website to apply & for more information.
|Posted on: December 15, 2016|
NYC Needs Emergency Snow Laborers! Sign up now to be an emergency snow laborer and help to remove snow and ice from bus stops, step streets, and other locations throughout the city this winter. Interested? Please click here to view Emergency Snow Laborer Job Flyer with registration locations. Apply weekdays from 7AM until 3PM. Snow laborers will be contacted when needed, and will be paid $15.00 per hour, and $22.50 per hour after 40 hours are worked in a week. Click here to see additional jobs posted on CB14′s website.
|Posted on: December 14, 2016|
Click the links below to view flyers for FREE upcoming events and other community information.
- Free 10-week Parenting Workshop – Jan. 10 – Mar. 28, Borough Hall
- Universal Pre-K Open Admissions Period – Jan. 17 – Feb. 24, NYC
- Free VITA Tax Preparation Services – Jan. 24 – Apr. 18, 1368 Fulton St.
- Prom Dress & Suit Drive – Feb. 8 – April 10, Borough Hall
- ID NYC Pop Up Enrollment Site – Feb. 15 – Mar. 3, 1077 Coney Island Ave.
- Notice of Property Value Workshops - Thurs., Feb. 16 – 23, Borough Hall
- Notice of Property Value Workshop – Feb. 16, Borough Hall
- Free Tax Preparation - Fridays, Feb. 17 – Feb. 24, Borough Hall
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Feb. 19, 115-62 Farmers Blvd, Queens
- Annual Lunar New Year Celebration – Feb. 22, 6521 8th Ave.
- Black History Month Celebration - Feb. 22, Borough Hall
- NYPD 70th Precinct Council Mtg. – Feb. 22, 154 Lawrence Ave.
- Notice of Property Value Workshop – Feb. 23, Borough Hall
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Feb. 25, 245 23rd St., Brooklyn
- Dominican Independence Day Celebration - Feb. 28, Borough Hall
- 20th Annual College Fair – Mar. 4, Riverbank State Park NYC
- Women of Faith Roundtable - Mar. 14, Borough Hall
- CB14 10th ANNUAL YOUTH CONFERENCE - Mar. 15, 1401 Flatbush Ave.
- 27th Annual Latino College Expo - Mar. 18, 60 Washington Sq. S.
- Financial Education Seminar for Dancers & Artists - Mar. 28, Borough Hall
- Women’s History Month Celebration - Mar. 30, Borough Hall
- Bronx UFT College Fair – Mar. 31, Bronx UFT Office
- DOB Homeowner & Tenant Info Night - Every Tues, 4-7 PM, Borough Hall
- FREE LEGAL AID - Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs, Borough Hall
*Click Here to see schedules for types of legal assistance provided including Veterans’ Issues, Housing Matters, Foreclosure Prevention, Domestic Violence & Family Law.
- SCORE NYC Small Business Mentoring- Mon-Thurs, Borough Hall
- Free SNAP Benefit Assistance – Every Tues/Wed @ 123 Linden Blvd.
- Job Postings: Are you looking for a job in the neighborhood or in NYC? New jobs are posted on CB14′s Jobs webpage weekly!
- Workforce 1 Job Recruitment Events – Hiring for Jobs Every Day!
- Job Training Programs: CB14 lists hundreds of career training programs on our website from Medical to Construction, Tech to Green Industry jobs – and more!
- Brooklyn Public Library events – Ongoing, various locations
- NEW Youth Scholarship & Internship postings!