|Posted on: March 23, 2017|
For the April 2017 meetings calendar and agenda, please click on the links below.
To see March 2017 Meeting Calendar & Agenda, please click here.
|Posted on: February 7, 2017|
Applications are open for the 2017 Summer Youth Employment Program! The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides New York City youth between the ages of 14 and 24 with paid summer employment for up to six weeks in July and August. Participants work in a entry-level jobs in a variety of exciting industries. Youth can apply for the program online, at a community-based organization during the application period. Participants are selected by lottery for the program. For more information, call 311 or DYCD Youth Connect at 1-800-246-4646. The application period has been extended to March 31st.
|Posted on: January 1, 2017|
The filing deadline to submit your taxes is Tuesday, April 18th, 2017. Many local resources are available in Brooklyn to help you successfully prepare and submit your taxes at no cost to you. Continue reading to find out about local services offering free tax preparation assistance. Additional Information is available at nyc.gov/taxprep or by calling 311. Read the rest of this entry »
|Posted on: December 23, 2016|
Do you need assistance paying your heating bill this winter? Heartshare Neighborhood Heating Fund (NHF) is offering $200 grants to all qualified households. Eligibility is based on household size and gross monthly income. Families can qualify whether they have unpaid bills, zero balance, or even a credit on your bill. As long as you are income eligible, you qualify for the grant. To see if you are eligible, what documentation to bring and for more information, contact a local enrollment site. Click here for locations to apply for a HeartShare heating assistance grant.
|Posted on: December 15, 2016|
NYC Needs Emergency Snow Laborers! Sign up now to be an emergency snow laborer and help to remove snow and ice from bus stops, step streets, and other locations throughout the city this winter. Interested? Please click here to view Emergency Snow Laborer Job Flyer with registration locations. Apply weekdays from 7AM until 3PM. Snow laborers will be contacted when needed, and will be paid $15.00 per hour, and $22.50 per hour after 40 hours are worked in a week. Click here to see additional jobs posted on CB14′s website.
|Posted on: December 14, 2016|
- Free VITA Tax Preparation Services – Jan. 24 – Apr. 18, 1368 Fulton St.
- Prom Dress & Suit Drive – Feb. 8 – April 10, Borough Hall
- City Council Participatory Budgeting Week - Mar. 25-Apr. 2, Brooklyn
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Mar. 29, 30 Third Ave.
- NYPD 70th Pct Community Council Mtg. – Mar. 29, 175 Lawrence Ave.
- Free Breast Cancer Screening - Mar. 30, 250 Kingston Ave.
- Quality of Life Town Hall – Mar. 30, 2902 Kings Hwy.
- Women’s History Month Celebration - Mar. 30, Borough Hall
- CEC22 Zoning Outreach Meeting – Mar. 30, 2200 Gravesend Neck Rd.
- Passover Food Distribution – Mar. 30, 3014 Brighton 6th St.
- Bronx UFT College Fair – Mar. 31, Bronx UFT Office
- Bike Commuting 101 Workshop – Mar. 31, 1368 Fulton St.
- Colon Cancer Awareness Event – Mar. 31, 1545 Atlantic Ave.
- Free Mammograms & Breast Cancer Screening – Apr. 1, 378 Throop Ave.
- SAFE Disposal Event – Apr. 2, Prospect Park Circle
- FEMA Region II Shelter-in-Place Workshop – Apr. 3, 26 Federal Plaza, NYC
- Marketing Your Nonprofit Organization – Apr. 4, 110 William St.
- Brooklyn Town Hall: Deed Fraud & Abuse – Apr. 5, 1368 Fulton St.
- Passover Food Distribution – Apr. 5, 3001 West 37th St.
- Financial Education Forum – Apr. 5-19, Borough Hall
- CEC17 Town Hall with Chancellor Fariña - Apr. 6, 655 Parkside Ave.
- Key to the City: Family Resource Day – Apr. 8, 1001 E. 45 St.
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Apr. 8, 592 Rockaway Ave.
- Free Breast Cancer Screening – Apr. 9, 1410 Coney Island Ave.
- The Financially Savvy Youth Expo - Apr. 13, Borough Hall
- Grant Writing for Nonprofits – Apr. 13, 110 William St.
-Begin Again: Resolve Warrants & Summons – Apr. 14, 21 Tompkins Ave.
- Begin Again: Resolve Warrants & Summons – Apr. 15, 21 Tompkins Ave.
- Comptroller’s Flatbush Town Hall – Apr. 18, 1367 Utica Ave.
- Brooklyn DA Immigration Forum – Apr. 23, 449 Eastern Pkwy.
- One-on-One Assistance Clinic – Apr. 25, Borough Hall
- Nonprofit Marketing Workshop – Apr. 25, 110 William St.
- E-Waste Recycling Event – Apr. 29, 1415 Cortelyou Rd.
- Girls Glam Beauty & Wellness Day - May 5, 509 Atlantic Ave.
- Nonprofit Finance & Budget Workshop – May 11, 110 William St.
- Nonprofit Social Media & Event Marketing – May 16, 110 William St.
- DOB Homeowner & Tenant Info Night - Every Tues, 4-7 PM, Borough Hall
- FREE LEGAL AID - Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs, Borough Hall
*Click Here to see schedules for types of legal assistance provided including Veterans’ Issues, Housing Matters, Foreclosure Prevention, Domestic Violence & Family Law.
- SCORE NYC Small Business Mentoring- Mon-Thurs, Borough Hall
- Free SNAP Benefit Assistance – Every Tues/Wed @ 123 Linden Blvd.
- Job Postings: Are you looking for a job in the neighborhood or in NYC? New jobs are posted on CB14′s Jobs webpage weekly!
- Workforce 1 Job Recruitment Events – Hiring for Jobs Every Day!
- Job Training Programs: CB14 lists hundreds of career training programs on our website from Medical to Construction, Tech to Green Industry jobs – and more!
- Brooklyn Public Library events – Ongoing, various locations
- NEW Youth Scholarship & Internship postings!