|Posted on: November 23, 2015|
The New York City Department of Health & Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) recently released a Community Health Profile for each of New York City’s 59 Community Districts. The linked report details the neighborhood, social, economic and health conditions of residents of Brooklyn Community District 14. Please click here to read the complete report.
|Posted on: November 11, 2015|
For the December 2015 meetings calendar and agenda, please click on the links below.
To see November 2015 meeting calendar & agendas, please click here.
|Posted on: November 4, 2015|
The annual open enrollment period for Affordable Health Care Coverage is November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2016. Visit NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace or call the NYS Healthcare Hotline at 855.355.5777 or 800.662.1220, M-F 8AM-8PM, Saturday 9AM-1PM. Read the rest of this entry »
|Posted on: November 2, 2015|
In support of the Chancellor’s Parent Engagement pillar, the NYC Department of Education is offering tuition-free day, evening, and Saturday classes to adults over age 21 at schools in and around Community Board 14. Click Here to view the details of some of the free adult education classes being held in our area. For more information, please contact the Office of Adult and Continuing Education (OACE) principal for the adult education programs, Region 6, Ryntha Henderson-Amare, Principal, P.S. 13 Roberto Clemente, 718-240-2770, RHendersonAmare@schools.nyc.gov.
|Posted on: November 1, 2015|
Click the links below to view flyers for FREE upcoming events and other community information.
- ACA Healthcare Open Enrollment – Nov. 1 – Jan. 31, NYC
- Winter Coat Drive – Nov. 2-30, PS 139
- CPR Training & Smoke Alarm Giveaway - Nov. 24, Gil Hodges HS
- 70th Pct NYPD Blood Drive – Nov. 25, 154 Lawrence Ave.
- Senior Citizen’s Thanksgiving Dinner – Nov. 26, 1700 Fulton St.
- Thanksgiving Lunch (volunteers needed) – Nov. 26, Flatbush Ref. Church
- Kings Theatre Holiday Open House – Nov. 28, 1027 Flatbush Ave.
- Parent Workshop: Special Education & IEP’s - Nov. 30, 99 Ave P
- Free Smoke/CO Alarm Giveaways & Installations – Nov. 30, 2401 Ave U
- Small Business Support (SBS) Workshop – Nov. 30, 50 Broad St.
- Childcare Worker Meet & Greet – Dec. 1, Carrol Gardens Library
- Green Infrastructure Grant Workshop – Dec. 2, 156 5th Ave.
- Nonprofit Management Workshop – Dec. 3, 110 William Street
- Community Forum with the Comptroller – Dec. 3, Brooklyn Music School
- THEO World AIDS Day Event – Dec. 4, SUNY Downstate
- Autism Conference & Resource Fair – Dec. 4, 183 Remsen St.
- Begin Again: Get Your Warrants Cleared – Dec. 5, 228 Decatur, Bkln
- Gun Buy-Back Event (DA’s Office) – Dec. 5, 1356 Nostrand Ave.
- Pearl Harbor Memorial Event – Dec. 7, Brooklyn Borough Hall
- Parent Forum: Employing Childcare Workers – Dec. 10, 201 Columbia St.
- Nonprofit Fundraising Workshop – Dec. 10, 110 William Street
- Small Business Workshop: HR 101 - Dec. 11, Brooklyn Chamber
- Free Smoke/CO Alarm Giveaways & Installations – Dec. 14, 2401 Ave U
- Assistance for Parents of Disabled Students – Dec. 15, Bklyn Borough Hall
- Holiday Party for Childcare Workers – Dec. 17, 201 Columbia St.
- DEC Floodplain Mgmt. Training – Jan. 12, 1 Centre Street
- Dept. of Health Event: Take Care NY – Jan. 21, Flatbush Library
- DEC Floodplain Mgmt. Training – Feb. 9, 1 Centre Street
- DEC Floodplain Mgmt. Training – Feb. 10, 1 Centre Street
- Free Legal Aid – 2nd Wed. & 2nd/4th Thurs. @ Borough Hall
- Free SNAP Benefit Assistance – Every Tues/Wed @ 123 Linden Blvd.
- Free Ballroom & Tango Dance Lessons – Every Wed, I.S. 96
- Job Postings: Are you looking for a job in the neighborhood or in NYC? New jobs are posted on CB14′s Jobs webpage weekly!
- Workforce 1 Job Recruitment Events – Hiring for Jobs Every Day!
- Job Training Programs: CB14 lists hundreds of career training programs on our website from Medical to Construction, Tech to Green Industry jobs – and more!
- Brooklyn Public Library events – Ongoing, various locations
- NEW Youth Scholarship & Internship postings!
The CB14 website is full of great resources. Read the rest of this post to find out about job listings, free programs, local service providers and more! Read the rest of this entry »